Travel to Peru with me! 2nd to 8th of August
Hello hello dear traveler! If you have wanted to visit Peru for a while, but are not sure about the planning process, and would like to make life-long travel friendships at the same time, I am excited to share this one with you :)
At the beginning of August I will take 9 strangers from the internet to join me on a trip through Peru to visit the highlights of the Andes Mountains, experience the local culture, witness some of the world's most beautiful places, and connect with likeminded people over an unforgettable travel experience through one of the most beautiful countries on the planet - Peru!
Apply here: https://forms.gle/fiT3BHGtJ94K5AMYA
What will we experience on this trip?
- surely one of the most picturesque towns I have ever been to - the old town of Cusco! With countless quaint cobble stone streets, shops with Peruvian handcrafts, and plenty of great options for food and cafes, this will be our start and ending point of the trip! I will make sure to show you the best viewpoints and off-beat streets.
- Of course, What would be a visit to Peru without the one and only Machu Picchu? As one of the wonders of the world, visiting this site early in the morning will be one of our highlights. We will have local guides to tell us about the history to learn about this fascinating pin on the map.
Potentially we will even take the 2-day Inca trail and walk through the sacred valley passing the incredible mountain scape to reach our first view over Machu Picchu, just as the Incas did back in the day, if we are quick enough to reserve the permits! That's why we have to move fast.
- We will get to visit a local Quechua village to meet the indigenous Quechua people, and learn about their ways of living and more about their traditional culture that dates back as far as the time of the Incas, all with the purpose of connecting different cultures throughout this trip and making this experience as immersive as possible 🤗
- Another one of our highlights will be Rainbow Mountain, or Vinicuna in the local language. We will get to 5,200m / 17,000ft above sea level to take in the natural rainbow color palette of this mountain and surrounding valleys. I can guarantee you it will be breathtaking, at this altitude quite literally 😂
And much more... :)
What’s the budget I need, and what's included?
1.990 EUR / 2,390 USD, including:
- professional photos of you throughout the trip, taken by yours truly - Andi 🙋🏽♀️
- 2-day Inca trail permits & guides ( the priciest part of the trip)
- Machu Picchu tickets & guides
- Accommodation for one week (7 days / 6 nights)
- All transportation on ground to Machu Picchu, Rainbow mountain, and around Cusco (as outlined in itinerary), including airport transfers
- 12 meals included (that’s about half the meals - the rest we will just go eat out at local restaurants and split the bill accordingly)
What’s not included:
- Flights to & from Cusco/Peru
- gratuities & tips
- the other half of the meals (a dinner in Peru would cost no more than 12-25$ pp. for reference - but it depends on you how much you eat 😆)
- personal expenses & souvenirs
- travel insurance
What about Covid?
Peru's entry requirement is simply a negative Antigen or PCR test taken within 72h before departure, and you shouldn't be arriving from Brazil, India, or South Africa. I can help you find a laboratory in your area if you are not familiar with the process!
However I do highly recommend everyone to get a travel insurance that covers COVID-19.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
Apply here today: https://forms.gle/fiT3BHGtJ94K5AMYA
Afterwards you will be invited to a quick introductory call over zoom to get to know each other a bit, and then we can get everyone confirmed and get the permits ASAP before they sell out.
What's required from me?
-to be available on the dates of the trip - if you’re not, don’t apply for this one, there will be other opportunities.
-to be physically fairly fit and comfortable walking through the Andes for a day or two
-to bring an open mind, kindness towards others and flexibility for any minor changes of plans - absolutely necessary for anything travel-related! 😊
To finish this up, I want to say thank you for your interest in joining me and a bunch of strangers! I can't wait to make this happen and bring amazing people together to connect over travel again :)