Mauritania Group Adventure 3 - 10 November 2024
Adventure with us through one of the least visited, and most remote destinations worldwide - Mauritania! Together with a group of like-minded adventurers, all with one and the same mission: to authentically explore a new country, and hitchhike on a cargo train through the Sahara, all while making lifelong connections through this group.
Meet your Mauritania team:
🗺 What's the itinerary?
To transmit the feeling of adventure and spontaneity, we keep our itinerary secret and reveal our plans the day before, because we love to give good surprises. We believe good travel is about taking you on a ride instead of ticking off a list.
But don't worry, our trip will include all the best that Mauritania has to offer, such as...
- Camping by the highest sand dunes of Mauritania under a starry sky (I planned these dates to align with new moon, so the stars will be at their brightest!).
- A refreshing dip at the Terjit Oasis, yes - a real oasis - surrounded by date palm trees.
- Visiting the old library of Chinguetti with ancient scrips, and meeting the wonderful man that has guarded these valuable manuscripts for centuries.
- Visiting the historical town of Ouadane (UNESCO world heritage site)
- And, of course: hitchhiking on the worlds longest train through the Sahara, starting in ...
- Zouerat, where the iron is mined,
- Riding through a corner of Western Sahara, the largest disputed territory in the world (for us geography geeks, this is a weird, but cool, highlight)
- and end all the way at the Atlantic coast, where we will be visiting the coastal town of Nouadhibou and experience a different side of Mauritania
Here is a little glimpse into what the journey will entail:
Why choose Destination Chaser?
Bringing the world closer, one adventure at a time! At Destination Chaser we combine unforgettable adventures for the traveler, with giving back to the communities that we are fortunate enough to be hosted by. We focus on:
- Ecotourism: through sustainable practices revolving around culture and nature, to help make it financially sustainable to preserve the two for communities.
- Supporting small local businesses: our trips are always comprised of locals putting their passion to work, and us supporting part of their dream through our visit.
- Dispersing tourism: over-tourism has become a problem in many places, and we believe if people simply traveled more to lesser visited places (what we focus on!), everyone would benefit: more opportunities where they normally lack tourism, travelers getting better experiences off the beaten path, and not adding to the crowds of over-popular places.
- Bringing the world closer: We believe that over time, if more people traveled to places and interacted with cultures that are oftentimes misunderstood or misrepresented, the world would become a more peaceful place. We want you to go on a trip others would not consider, and spread the word about the beauty of people and places - and open more minds to how similar we are as humans.
Thank you for being part of this movement!
✈️ What flights should I look for?
Flying in & out of Nouakchott intl. Airport (NKC).
Arrival: we start our adventure early in the morning (around 7am) on the starting day (outlined above), so it's best to arrive a day or two early to settle in and meet everyone! One extra hotel night is on us :) check in would start at 12pm.
Departure: on the last day of the tour, anytime. Hotel check out at 12pm.
TIP: look for round trip flights to Dakar, and then from Dakar to Nouakchott. Flights are more affordable this way.
May.: Flight arrival on 5th anytime, or 6th before 5am | Departure 13th anytime
Nov.: Flight arrival on 3rd anytime, or 4th before 5am | Departure 11th anytime
💳 How does the payment work?
We offer flexible payment plans to not break your bank, and the the entire trip cost (including the 250$ deposit to secure your spot) can be paid by credit card through a reputable, secured payment at no extra cost for you, so you can pay it off whenever you feel comfortable and have the funds.
BONUS: if you have a points program you can collect points from our trips as we are under the “travel” category!
Other payment options are available too if you prefer - such as bank transfer and PayPal.
🧳 Do I need to pack camping equipment?
All camping equipment will be provided to you from us, so you won't have to bring anything. The only item that's out of the ordinary that you'll have to pack, are ski goggles for the train ride ... we'll explain. A detailed packing list with clothing recommendation will be sent into the group chat, where you can e-meet and connect with the group before the start of the trip!
💸 What's included in the price?
Personal airport pickup & dropoff
|Intl. flight to & from Nouakchott intl. airport
All private, acclimatized transportation - the main part of the cost
|Experienced, knowledgable and fun local guides
Personal expenses & tips
|All accommodation on a shared basis (we believe this is an essential part for people to connect throughout the trip)
|Visa on arrival (60$ to be paid at the airport in Nouakchott)
|All meals included
|All entrance fees and activities
|All camping equipment
What are Mauritania's current covid requirements?
- Mauritania has lifted all Covid-19 travel requirements, so you will not need a test, nor vaccine to enter.
Any more questions?
Looking forward to have you experience this adventure!
Andi & the team