Join the Syria Group Adventure, May 2024
Explore and help one of the least visited, and most eye-opening destinations in the world - Syria! Instead of listening to what the media says, come and learn with our Syrian guides and a small group of likeminded, curious travelers, what the country really is like - from the inside.
Our trip is open for participants of all ages and genders, that are adventurers at heart. Join today before spots run out.
100% of profits donated to help the Syrian people.
FREE to apply for your visa through us. Payment only needed once approved.
Meet your team:
What will you experience?Day 1, May 4th: Beirut to Damascus.
- Starting with an early morning pickup in Beirut, Lebanon on Sunday, May 14th - the first day of the trip, we will cross the border into Syria overland, where you will get your visa stamped into your passport. Now, you are officially in Syria! Welcome.
- Our first destination in Syria will be the capital Damascus, where you will get to have a proper introduction with everyone on your new travel team over a first, traditional dinner, and perhaps a glance on the vivid nightlife of the bustling capital of this misunderstood country. But now you are just scratching the surface, more to come.
Day 2: Damascus immersion.
- Today, we’re getting to dive deep and learn about this country’s history and cover the most incredible sights of its Capital Damascus: Ommayad Mosque (look into the history - its’ unique in the world!), Saldin Tomb, do some shopping at the old Bazaar, Damascus’ Gates, Hanania Church, the National Museum, and more. You will always be accompanied by our local guide who you can ask all your questions - historical and political, to get an inside scoop of the country.
Day 3: Maaloula & Sednaya to Aleppo.
- As you make your way up north to Aleppo, we take the scenic route and get to explore Maaloula and Sednaya, and see surviving artefacts of early Christian civilisation. The highlight might be the Monastery of St. Thecla, a monastery built into the stone, were relics are kept, and many early Christians that play a role in the Bible have visited. Besides from that, the area boasts an incredible scenery of mountains found nowhere else.
- We will pass through the town of Homs, that suffered some of the heaviest destruction during the war. You will get to see this as you drive through the many blocks of shattered buildings, and get a chance to stop and take in the extent of it. Take this moment to appreciate our fortune, and the resilience of the people here.
- Finish the day in Aleppo at one of Syria’s best restaurants and then rest - it was an intense day, and exploration of this famous city starts tomorrow
Day 5: Drive to Saladin Citadel – Krak Des Chevalliers, and mediterranean coast.
- Today we are experiencing a different side of Syria is we travel South-West toe see the Medieval castle of Krak Des Chevalliers - and perhaps see Syrian families enjoying the site, too.
- But as always, Syria is a place of contrasts, and right next to the castle are the remnants of what used to be the best hotel in the country before war began - and during the war, it was used as a headquarter for ISIS.
- You will end the day with a sunset over the mediterranean coast at Tartous, Syria’s main port city, and a popular vacation destinations for many Syrians.
- We will arrange special permits for you to visit the pride of Syria’s historical sites: The desert city in Palmyra. Permits were not issued for a long time, so it is now an honour to be able to see this gem of a destination in the Syrian desert, and see the many different cultures and times come together in this complex containing Aramaic, Greek, Semitic, and Arab characteristics. This temple was nearly destroyed by ASIS, but the Syrian people have been building it back up.
- Drive back to Damascus to enjoy a last dinner with the travel family that you have created over the last week
Day 7, May 12th: Transfer back to Beirut. We are happy to help you with hotels and transfers in Beirut if you wish!
Why choose Destination Chaser?
Bringing the world closer, one adventure at a time! At Destination Chaser we combine unforgettable adventures for the traveler, with giving back to the communities that we are fortunate enough to be hosted by. We focus on:
- Ecotourism: through sustainable practices revolving around culture and nature, to help make it financially sustainable to preserve the two for communities.
- Supporting small local businesses: our trips are always comprised of locals putting their passion to work, and us supporting part of their dream through our visit.
- Dispersing tourism: over-tourism has become a problem in many places, and we believe if people simply traveled more to lesser visited places (what we focus on!), everyone would benefit: more opportunities where they normally lack tourism, travelers getting better experiences off the beaten path, and not adding to the crowds of over-popular places.
- Bringing the world closer: We believe that over time, if more people traveled to places and interacted with cultures that are oftentimes misunderstood or misrepresented, the world would become a more peaceful place. We want you to go on a trip others would not consider, and spread the word about the beauty of people and places - and open more minds to how similar we are as humans.
Thank you for being part of this movement!
What flights should I look for?
Flying in & out of Beirut intl. Airport (BEY).
Arrival: we start our adventure early in the morning on May 4th, so it's best to arrive a day early (May 3rd or 2nd). We are happy to help you arrange any trips in Lebanon before or after the Syria trip if you want to see some of this country too.
Departure: As you are crossing the border from Syria to Lebanon on the last day, we recommend you depart a day later to leave a buffer for all the border formalities. Ideally, your departure would be May 13th. Again, we are happy to set up a hotel, tours, and any transfers in Lebanon for you if you want any help!
How does the payment work?
To secure your spot, you can pay a deposit by credit or debit card of 20% of the trip price, which is non-refundable, as it is to secure services on ground that have their own cancellation policies and are funds we do not keep - but we will always try out best to refund whatever possible, as we understand sometimes plans can change and things happen!
3 months before the start of the trip we will send you another payment link for 40%, and the remainder most likely in cash upon arrival - this is so you have more flexibility with covering the cost and don't need to pay everything at once. Let us know if you need a payment plan, we are happy to help!
BONUS: if you have a points program you can collect points from our trips as we are under the “travel” category!
Other payment options such as PayPal, or bank transfer, are available too if you prefer.
What about my visa for Syria?
We will take care of the visa application process for Syria for you, so you don’t need to worry about running to any embassies or gathering all the documents - we'll handle it for you. Cost of the visa processing is complementary, however the visa cost itself is to be paid upon arrival at the border once received.
Visa price: Between 40-100$ (depending on nationality).
Passport you are applying with must be at least 6 months valid, and must be used to enter and exit Syria (and Lebanon, as the border offices are adjacent).
💸 What's included in the price?
Visa processing fee for Syria
|Intl. flight to & from Beirut Intl. Airport
Pickup and drop-off in Beirut
|Experienced and knowledgable local guides
Personal expenses & tips
|All accommodation on a shared basis (we believe this is an essential part for people to connect throughout the trip - same gender only)
|Any potential visa cost for Lebanon
|All breakfasts included
|Most lunches and dinners for flexibility
|All entrance fees, permits and activities
|Visa fee to be paid at the border
|All private, acclimatised transportation
What are Lebanon's and Syria's current covid requirements?
Both countries have lifted all Covid-19 related entry requirements.
Any more questions?
Looking forward to have you experience this adventure!
Andi & the team