Rwanda Adventure 26 August - 1 September
Adventure with us on a once-in-a-lifetime adventure in the breathtaking landscapes of Rwanda, to discover wild nature together with a group of like-minded explorers, all with one and the same mission: truly explore.
ONLY 1 SPOT LEFT
Meet your team:
What will we experience?
Starting off with our arrival in the capital Kigali, we will start with an immersive experience right off the bat. We will learn about Rwanda's past and present: it's dark and bright sides. Learn how to do traditional Rwandan weaving at a class to empower women and their culture - one of the things we always try to integrate into our tris to create lasting and positive change through tourism.
- Journey deep into the heart of Rwanda and come face-to-face with Africa's legendary big five on Safari at Akagera National Park. The breathtaking savannahs and forests of the park are home to elephants, lions, rhinos, leopards and buffaloes. Let the thrill of the wild take over as you embark on an unforgettable safari adventure and witness these incredible creatures in their natural habitat
- Delight in the tranquility and beauty of Lake Ihema with a safari boat tour. As you glide across the glistening waters, watch in awe as herds of hippos bask in the sun and birds soar through the sky, and perhaps even see elephants roam the river banks. Lose yourself in the serenity of this natural wonderland.
- Prepare to be amazed by the stunning Volcanoes National Park, home to Rwanda's famous and unfortunately endangered Mountain Gorillas. Trek through lush forests and rugged terrain, breathing in the fresh mountain air and immersing yourself in the wild nature. As you come face-to-face with these gentle giants, you'll feel a connection to nature that's both powerful and humbling.
- Experience the wonder of golden monkey trekking, an exclusive and unique adventure that can only be found in Volcanoes National Park. Follow expert guides as they lead you through dense bamboo forests, where you'll encounter these rare and beautiful creatures in the environment they belong to. With their stunning golden fur and playful personalities, these monkeys are sure to leave you enchanted.
- Take a walk on the wild side with a canopy walk between the treetops of Nyungwe Forest. Suspended high above the forest floor, this thrilling adventure will leave you breathless as you take in panoramic views of the surrounding landscape. This is the perfect opportunity to connect with nature and witness the majesty of the forest from a whole new perspective.
- Get ready for the ultimate adventure as you embark on a Chimpanzee trekking adventure. You will get to meet the animals that are closest to us: our genetic cousins. As you observe their playful antics and watch them interact in their natural habitat, maybe, you'll find a piece of yourself in our similarities. This is an experience that goes under the skin.
Why this trip?
At Destination Chaser we combine unforgettable adventures for the traveler, with giving back to the communities that we are fortunate enough to be hosted by. This Rwanda trip is one of our favorite combinations, with the most of the profit going towards conservation of wildlife, and supporting local communities. Thank you for being part of this movement!
What flights should I book?
Flying in & out of Kigali intl. Airport (KGL)
🛬 Arrival: in the early morning of the 26th of August (or even better, August 25th), as we will start exploring the same day on the 26th. You are welcome to arrive earlier if you wish - we are happy to arrange extra accommodation and airport transfer!
🛫 Departure: the night of the 1st of September - 10pm or later.
If flight schedules should not align for you, we will be happy to arrange extra hotel nights & airport transfers wherever needed :)
Personal airport pickup and drop-off are included 24h a day.
What about the visa?
We can simply obtain the visa on arrival for 50 USD, upon arrival at the airport in Kigali. Easy peasy.
How does the payment work?
3 months before, 40% of the trip balance, and two months before, the remaining 40%. This is so you have more flexibility with covering the cost and don't need to pay everything at once. Let us know if you need a payment plan, we are happy to help!
BONUS: if you have a points program you can collect points from our trips as we are under the “travel” category!
Other payment options are available too if you prefer - such as PayPal, or bank transfer.
What's included in the price?
|Personal airport pickup & drop off||Intl. flight to & from Kigali intl. airport|
All internal private transportation with (AC) and 4*4 land cruisers
Travel insurance (9-40 $)
All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
|Visa fees (50 $)|
|Experienced, knowledgable and fun local guides (with our favorite: Jackson!)||
Personal expenses & tips
|All accommodation on a shared basis of 2 people (we believe this is an essential part for people to connect throughout the trip)|
|All entrance fees and activities|
|National Park and conservation fees|
|Fees of permits and authorisations|
What are Rwanda's current Covid requirements?
Rwanda has lifted all Covid-19 travel requirements, meaning you do not need a test, nor vaccine certificate to travel into or around the country.
Any burning questions?Feel free to message me @destinationchaser or email me email@example.com any time :)
Looking forward to have you experience this adventure!