Eritrea group Adventure 2.0 - Feb. 9 - 15, 2024 (SOLD OUT)
Adventure with us through one of the least visited, and most incredibly underrated destinations of Africa - Eritrea!
Experience the country together with a group of like-minded explorers, all with one and the same mission: to authentically explore a new country, and experience something that not many other people would be open enough to add to their bucket list.
Are you ready?
A compilation of the beautiful sights you will see throughout your Eritrea adventure.
Our trip is open for participants between of all ages and gender, that are adventurers at heart. Join today before spots run out.
What's the plan?
To transmit the feeling of adventure and spontaneity, we keep our itinerary secret and reveal our plans the day before, because we love to give good surprises. We believe good travel is about taking you on a ride instead of ticking off a list.
But don't worry, our trip will include all the best of what Eritrea has to offer. Here's a peek into the trip, as well as on Andi's stories:
- As most flights arrive early in the morning, we will start with an adventure right off the bat with an introductory exploration of the capital, visiting the many historical sites such as the tank graveyard, the old Italian cinema and cafes, traditional local food, a market that usually only locals frequent, and more.
- On the second day, we start to head down to the coast with many scenic stops along the way, and making it to Massawa - the port town of Eritrea. From there you will embark on your 2 nights, 3 day boat & island camping adventure, where you'll see the Maldives of the Red Sea, and snorkel around to see the incredible underwater world this pristine coast has to offer: this includes many colorful corals, an abundance of fish, and potentially even see dolphins and turtles nearby. Since this place rarely sees visitors, the nature here is incredibly well-preserved.
- You will get to have traditional coffee ceremonies and sit around the fire as the sun sets on the island, and then have a clear view on the stars, perhaps even the galaxy before you fall asleep in a tent with the sound of waves
- You will also get the chance to do a day trip and see a remote fishing village, learn about their way of life, interact with locals, and explore hidden beaches, climb the hills of the island, and simply take in the peace and quiet - it's your vacation time after all
- After heading back to land, the trip continues: you will see a completely different side of Eritrea and visit its low arid region: in the town of Keren you will get to visit the Camel Market that only happens once a week, see traders barter and negotiate, try their local drink, climb viewpoints, and enjoy the diversity of the most scenic road the country has to offer
- Throughout the whole trip, you will be accompanied by experienced, fun, and knowledgeable local guides (or local friends-to-be) that will answer your questions about this country that has fallen under the world's radar. Besides from that...
- create lifelong friendships with the crew that has been with you throughout this whole trip: a bunch of travelers as curious and willing to explore the off-the-beaten-path side of the world. That's what brought you all here after all.
Since you're already on this side of the world...
Ethiopia is a short direct flight away, that gives you the opportunity to experience a completely different range of landscapes, culture, and add a new set of memories to this trip
Djibouti can be accessed by land, and the country has the lowest point in Africa, Lac Assal, an interesting geolocation, and a different set of people and cultures.
We are happy to help you plan your trip and give you one of our adventure + culture itineraries for each destination. Just hit us up at email@example.com :)
Picture from a hidden cove on the island
Why this trip? We are proud that our founder, Andi, has traveled all over the globe, and since returning from Eritrea, she raves about how it's one of her favorite places on the African continent. The hospitality of the people, and the incredible sights ... plus, with no one else around! These are just one of a few things that make Eritrea a travel destination that you should add to the top of your list.
Meet your team:
What flights should I look for?
Airport: Asmara intl. airport (ASM)
Arrival : in the morning of the 9th of February
Departure: you can leave anytime on the 15th of February - if you decide to leave later in the day, we will take you cafe-hopping to try the best macchiatos in Asmara with a unique vibe.
And we are happy to help you extend your adventure and explore this part of the world, like right next door in Ethiopia!
What about the visa for Eritrea?
So save you the hassle of finding (one of a few) embassies worldwide, and save you travel time to go back and forth to an embassy, we take care of the whole application process for you and will arrange a visa on arrival, that way you can board the plane and receive and pay (70$) for the visa once you arrive in Eritrea - easy peasy.
What's included in the price?
|Visa on arrival processing fee - we will take care of applying for a visa on arrival for you, so you save yourself the hassle and can simply show up||Visa on arrival immigration fee (70$ - this is to be paid at the airport upon arrival to the immigration officers)|
Personal airport pickup
All private transportation
Travel insurance (9-40$)
|Experienced, knowledgable and fun local guides||
Personal expenses & tips
|All accommodation on a shared basis (we believe this is an essential part for people to connect throughout the trip)||
Some meals (5-10$ per day approx.)
|Most meals included|
|All entrance fees and activities|
|National Park and conservation fees|
|Fees of permits and authorizations|
What are Eritrea's current covid requirements?
The country has lifted all Covid-19 travel requirements, meaning you do not need a test, nor vaccine certificate to travel into or around the country.
Any more questions?
Looking forward to have you experience this adventure!